About WSH Labs Ltd.
WSH Labs Ltd. is a privately owned Canadian company dedicated to providing clients with professional scientific services since 1979. With our extensive knowledge in complex water chemistry and water treatment processes, we offer the most comprehensive solutions for domestic, commercial and industrial water issues.
WSH Labs is accredited by CALA to ISO/IEC 17025 for specific tests.
Our laboratory activity encompass testing, monitoring and special projects for government, industry, commercial and domestic markets. An indepth background in rural & urban water and wastewater enables us to provide support services such as interpretation, consultation and education. WSH Labs Ltd. has earned a reputation for professional integrity, exceptional service, accuracy and diligence. We are committed to providing the highest level of quality for environmental testing with reasonable pricing and turnaround for our clients.
Certified methods ensure that we achieve accurate results from water, wastewater and soil analyses. Testing procedures used at WSH Labs conform to the United States Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA) and the Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater 23rd Edition.
All our analyses are performed by classical wet chemistry techniques or by the most up-to-date technology in analytical instrumentation including:
- Auto-Titration Instrumentation
- Carbon Analyzer
- Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectroscopy
- Inductively Coupled Plasma Spectroscopy (with USN)
- Anion Ion Chromatography
- Cold Vapour Mercury Discrete Analyzer
- Tecator Nitrogen Digester / Distiller
- Custom Computer Data / Reporting Systems
Alkalinity, Br, Ca, Cl, CO3, Conductivity, F, Fe, Hardness, HCO3, K, Mg, Mn, Na, NO2, NO3, pH, SAR, Saturation Index, SO4, TDS
Potability One parameters plus 13 trace metals found on the Canadian Drinking Water Guidelines including: Al, As, B, Ba, Cd, Cr, Cu, Hg, Pb, Sb, Se, U, Zn
Potability One parameters plus the following trace metals: Ag, Al, As, B, Ba, Be, Cd, Co, Cr, Cu, Hg, Mo, Ni, P, Pb, Sb, Se, Sn, Sr, Te, Th, Ti, Tl, U, V, W, Zn, Zr
Potability One parameters plus the following: Al, As, B, Ba, Cd, Cr, Cu, Hg, Pb, Sb, Se, U, Zn, Ammonia Nitrogen (NH3-N), Color, Phenol, Sulphides (H2S), Total Kjeldahl Nitrogen (TKN), Total Coliform & E. Coli., Total Phosphorus (TP), Turbidity
Cold Bed Methane
Potability One parameters plus Iron (dissolve & total), Manganese (dissolve & total), Methane, Total Coliform & E. Coli, Fecal Coliform, Iron Related Bacteria and Sulphate Reducing Bacteria
Trace Metals Only
Ag, Al, As, B, Ba, Be, Cd, Co, Cr, Cu, Fe, Hg, Mn, Mo, Ni, P, Pb, Sb, Se, Sn, Sr, Te, Th, Ti, Tl, U, V, W, Zn, Zr
Quick Check One
Ca, Mg, K, Na, Fe, Mn
Quick Check Two
Ca, Mg, K, Na, Fe, Mn, pH, Conductivity, TDS (estimated)
- Cryptosporidium / Giardia
- Fecal Coliform
- Heterotrophic Plate Count
- Iron Related Bacteria (IRB)
- Sulphate Reducing Bacteria (SRB)
- Total Coliform & Escherichia Coliform
- Ammonia Nitrogen (NH3-N)
- Biochemical Oxygen Demand (BOD)
- Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD)
- Chlorine (total & free) and Chloramines
- Conductivity (EC)
- Cyanide (CN–)
- Dissolved Oxygen (DO)
- Hexavalent Chromium (Cr6+)
- Mercury (by cold vapour discrete analyzer)
- Methane (CH4) in water
- Ortho-Phosphorus (Ortho-P)
- Sodium Adsorption Ratio (Ca, Mg & Na)
- Sulphides (H2S)
- Total Dissolved Solids (TDS at 180°C)
- Total Kjeldahl Nitrogen (TKN)
- Total Phosphorus (TP)
- Total Suspended Solids (TSS)
- UV Absorbance & Transmittance
- Benzene, Toluene, Ethylbenzene and Xylenes (BTEX)
- Dissolved Organic Carbon
- EPA 8260 Volatiles Screen
- Extractable Hydrocarbons (C30+)
- Oil & Grease (gravimetric)
- Purgeable Hydrocarbons (C6 – C10)
- Total Organic Carbon
- Chloride (by Ion Chromatography)
- Conductivity (EC)
- Organic Content (375°C for 16 hours)
- Organic Content (420°C for 45 minutes)
- Particle Size
- pH (1:1)
- Salinity (% Saturation, pH, EC, Ca, Mg, Na, SAR, TGR)
- Sulphate (by Ion Chromatography)
Frequently Asked Questions
We perform a range of sample analyses including water, wastewater and soil. WSH Labs reserves the right to refuse hazardous samples at any time.
Sample bottles, bags, jars, labels and information sheets are available from us at no charge to the client. If it’s convenient, the client can pick up the supplies or we can send them out by courier. Please note that the client will be responsible for all courier fees.
Turnaround time is up to seven business days for routine waters, up to seven working days for routine soils and non-routine samples or larger projects may require additional time.
Samples requiring immediate commencement will be invoiced at 100% surcharge. Rush analyses are performed during normal business hours and may require up to three days for completion. Additional charges may apply outside normal business hours (i.e. evenings, weekends and holidays).
Water samples will be stored for two weeks maximum and then disposed of accordingly. Soil samples will be stored for one month maximum and then disposed of accordingly. WSH Labs reserves the right to return samples that require special disposal to the originating client. A surcharge will apply if the lab performs the special disposal.
For your convenience, a drop off box is available for after hours sample deposit. Call our office for the lock combination. Staff can be made available outside business hours to receive bulk samples or discuss projects. Please call our office to make arrangements.
Please contact our office to obtain prices. WSH Labs offers competitive pricing in the market. Quotations and volume discounts are available on large projects. All of our prices are in Canadian dollars. Prices do not include the 5% GST. Payment include: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Debit, Cash and Cheque.
Please note that we require payment prior to commencement of sample analyses if the client does not have an account with us. If you’re interested in creating an account with our company, please contact our office for details.
Reports are normally emailed, faxed or mailed at no charge to the client. Courier service can be arranged at additional cost to the client.
- WSH Labs employs approved standard methods. However, due to the fact that the results obtained are inferred from chemical measurement, they cannot be guaranteed. Although care and diligence are taken during the performance of our service, our liability in all cases is limited to re-analyzing the sample at our cost or a refund of the cost of the analytical work.
- Credit clients - All invoices are due and payable within 30 days of the date of invoice. 2% interest will be charged per month on all oustanding invoices. Lab analyses are subject to approval by our credit department. Samples will not be analyzed if the account has exceeded the established credit limit or if the account is past due.
- Payment is required from non-credit clients prior to sample analyses.
- WSH Labs will honor any outstanding quotations based on the previous price book up until the completion of the project.
- We reserve the right to change analytical parameters and pricing without notice.